Feb. 22, 2014
Box Score |
Kansas State Women’s Basketball Postgame Notes
Feb. 22, 2014 • Bramlage Coliseum • Manhattan, Kan.
Kansas State 40 (10-16, 4-11 Big 12), (13/14) West Virginia 61 (24-3, 13-2 Big 12)
• Saturday’s game between Kansas State and West Virginia was the fourth meeting in the series between the schools… West Virginia leads the series, 4-0… The Wildcats, in their 46th season of women’s basketball, own an all-time record of 852-526 (.618)… The Wildcats are 147-144 (.505) in Big 12 action… K-State is 196-159 (.552) in the month of February… K-State is 72-173 (.294) against Associated Press ranked opponents, including a 43-47 (.478) record against ranked teams in Manhattan… K-State is 3-8 (.273) all-time against teams ranked No. 13 in the AP poll.
• K-State head coach Deb Patterson, the all-time women’s basketball wins leader at K-State, owns a career record of 349-223 (.610)… Patterson owns a 56-78 (.418) mark in February.
• Attendance on Saturday was 4,452… To date, 58,765 fans have come through the doors of Bramlage this season for an average of 4,520 per game… K-State ranks 23rd in the nation in average attendance this season… The 2013-14 season marks the 26th season of basketball inside Bramlage Coliseum… K-State owns a record of 270-106 (.718) in Bramlage Coliseum.
• The Wildcats’ starting lineup consisted of: freshman guard Leticia Romero, freshman guard Kindred Wesemann, senior forward Ashlynn Knoll, senior forward Katya Leick and freshman forward Breanna Lewis… This is the first game for this lineup… This was the 26th career start for Romero… This was the 23rd career K-State start for Leick… This was Wesemann’s fifth start this season… This was the 21st start for Lewis… Chantay Caron has now played in 122 career games.
• K-State was 8-of-23 from behind the 3-point line… K-State has made at least one 3-point field goal in 237 consecutive regular season and postseason games dating back to Feb. 7, 2007… The Wildcats have made six or more 3-point field goals in a game 17 times this season.
• K-State trailed 34-19 at the half on Saturday… The Wildcats are 1-15 this season when trailing at the half… K-State made the first basket of the game, a 3-point field goal from Katya Leick… K-State is 6-7 this season when scoring the first points of the game.
• Romero registered 8 points and 8 rebounds… Romero, a candidate for Big 12 Freshman of the Year, has scored in all 26 games this season… She connected on 2-of-4 from behind the 3-point line… This was her eighth game with two or more made 3-point field goals… She has pulled in five or more rebounds in 16 games… She has handed out four or more assists in 18 games.
• Wesemann tallied 11 points on Saturday… This was her third career game in double figures and second against West Virginia this season… She was 2-of-6 from the 3-point line… This was her eighth game this season with two or more connections from beyond the arc… She set career-high for free throws made and attempted with a 5-of-7 effort.
• Knoll carded 13 points on 5-of-11 shooting including 2-of-3 from beyond the arc… This was Knoll’s fourth career game and second this season in double figures… This was her second career game and her second this season with two or more made 3-point field goals.