Feb. 23, 2013
Final Stats |
Kansas State Women’s Basketball Postgame Notes
February 23, 2013 • Bramlage Coliseum • Manhattan, Kan.
Kansas State 50 (13-14, 4-11), (rv/24) Iowa State 69 (19-6, 10-5)
• Saturday’s game between Kansas State and Iowa State was the 80th in the series between the schools… K-State leads the series 47-33… K-State head coach Deb Patterson, the all-time women’s basketball wins leader at K-State, owns a career record of 333-203 (.621)… The Wildcats, in their 45th season of women’s basketball, own an all-time record of 836-506 (.623)… Since the formation of the Big 12 in 1996-97, K-State is 142-131 (.520) in Big 12 games.
• The 2012-13 season marks the 25th season of basketball inside Bramlage Coliseum… K-State owns a record of 258-99 (.723) in Bramlage Coliseum… Attendance on Saturday for the Play 4Kay game was 4,525… Through 13 home games of the 2012-13 season, K-State has seen 50,489 fans come through the doors for an average of 3,884… K-State ranks 27th in the nation for attendance.
• The Wildcats’ starting lineup consisted of: senior guard Brittany Chambers, senior guard Mariah White, sophomore guard Haley Texada, freshman guard Bri Craig and junior forward Chantay Caron… K-State has used seven different starting lineups this season… Ninth straight game for this lineup… Chambers has now started 120 regular season and postseason games in her career and has played in 125 career games... Chambers ranks 5th in school history for career starts… White made her 88th career start, including the 21st of the 2012-13 season… White has now played in 119 career games… Craig started her 24th career game… Caron made her 32nd career start and her 21st this season… She started 11 games in her freshman year of 2010-11… Texada made her 17th career start, all this season.
• Kansas State trailed at the half, 39-17, on Saturday… The Wildcats are 1-9 this season trailing at the half this season.
• K-State was 7-of-28 from beyond the arc on Saturday… K-State has made at least one 3-point field goal in 201 consecutive regular season and postseason games dating back to Feb. 7, 2007… K-State has made 5 or more three-point field goals in a game 25 times this season, including a current streak of 21 straight games… After its 28 three-point attempts on Saturday, K-State has now attempted 768 three-pointers this season, which improves on the school record and ranks second in Big 12 history.
• Chambers finished with 18 points, seven rebounds and four assists… Chambers has now scored in 124 consecutive games, which ranks third in school history… She has scored 1,896 career points and ranks third in school history… Chambers has scored in double figures in 25 games this season and 99 games in her career… Chambers has led K-State in scoring 18 times this season and 58 times in her career… She was 3-of-9 from beyond the arc… She ranks second in Big 12 and school history for career 3-point field goals made with 304… Her career rebound total stands at 782 and ranks eighth in school history… Her career assist total stands at 325 and ranks ninth in school history.
• White carded 17 points, three rebounds, four assists and three steals… White ranks ninth in school history for career steals with 183… Her career assist total of 409 ranks fourth in school history.