March 2, 2013
Final Stats |
Kansas State Women’s Basketball Postgame Notes
March 2, 2013 • Bramlage Coliseum • Manhattan, Kan.
Kansas State 68 (14-15, 5-12), (rv/rv) Texas Tech 62 (21-8, 11-6)
• Saturday’s game between Kansas State and Texas Tech was the 24th in the series between the schools… The series is tied 12-12… K-State head coach Deb Patterson, the all-time women’s basketball wins leader at K-State, owns a career record of 334-204 (.621)… The Wildcats, in their 45th season of women’s basketball, own an all-time record of 837-507 (.623)… Since the formation of the Big 12 in 1996-97, K-State is 143-132 (.520) in Big 12 games.
• The 2012-13 season marks the 25th season of basketball inside Bramlage Coliseum… K-State owns a record of 259-99 (.723) in Bramlage Coliseum… Attendance on Saturday for the final regular season home game of 2012-13 was 3,601… In 14 home games of the 2012-13 season, K-State has seen 54,090 fans come through the doors for an average of 3,864… K-State ranks 27th in the nation for attendance.
• The Wildcats’ starting lineup consisted of: senior guard Brittany Chambers, senior guard Mariah White, sophomore guard Haley Texada, freshman guard Bri Craig and junior forward Chantay Caron… K-State has used seven different starting lineups this season… 11th straight game for this lineup… Chambers has now started 122 regular season and postseason games in her career and has played in 127 career games... Chambers ranks 5th in school history for career starts and tied for 10th in career games played… White made her 90th career start, including the 23rd of the 2012-13 season… White has now played in 121 career games… Craig started her 26th career game… Caron made her 34th career start and her 23rd this season… She started 11 games in her freshman year of 2010-11… Texada made her 19th career start, all this season.
• Kansas State trailed at the half, 31-30, on Saturday… The Wildcats are 2-9 this season when trailing at the half.
• K-State was 12-of-24 from beyond the arc on Saturday… K-State has made at least one 3-point field goal in 203 consecutive regular season and postseason games dating back to Feb. 7, 2007… K-State has made 5 or more three-point field goals in a game 27 times this season, including a current streak of 23 straight games… After its 24 three-point attempts on Saturday, K-State has now attempted 817 three-pointers this season, which improves on the school record and ranks second in Big 12 history… K-State is the second program in Big 12 history to attempt 800 or more 3-point field goals in a season (835, Iowa State, 2008-09).
• Chambers finished with 31 points, nine rebounds and one assist… Chambers has now scored in 126 consecutive games, which ranks tied for second in school history (Nicole Ohlde, 126, 2000-04)… The effort was the 33rd career game of 20 or more points for Chambers and her 15th this season… This was her fifth career 30-point game and the 44th in school history... She is tied for the school record with five games of 30 or more points in a career and joins Shawnda DeCamp (1993-94) and Ashley Sweat (2006-10)… She is the first player in the program’s 45-year history to register consecutive 30-point games… The 15 games with 20 or more points are the most by a Wildcat since the 2003-04 season when Kendra Wecker tallied 16 games with 20 or more points… For the week, Chambers registered 67 points on 26-of-44 (.591) shooting including 11-of-17 from three-point range…Chambers has scored 1,963 career points and ranks third in school history… With her 585 points this season, Chambers ranks 9th in school history for points in a season… Her total is the fourth-highest by a K-State senior… Chambers has scored in double figures in 27 games this season and 101 games in her career… Chambers has led K-State in scoring 20 times this season and 60 times in her career… She was 5-of-7 from beyond the arc… She ranks second in Big 12 and school history for career 3-point field goals made with 315… Her career rebound total stands at 799 and ranks seventh in school history… Her career assist total stands at 329 and ranks ninth in school history.
• White carded six points, three rebounds, 10 assists and six steals… White ranks eighth in school history for career steals with 191… Her career assist total of 423 ranks fourth in school history… Her 10 assists on Saturday were a season-high and marked her ninth game this season and the 36th of her career with five or more assists in a game… She has two career games with 10 or more assists… White has tallied five or more steals four times in her career and twice this season.
• Craig tallied 14 points on 5-of-9 shooting and three rebounds.… This was Craig’s 13th game in double digits this season… She has now made four or more 3-point field goals in a game seven times this season… Her season total of 54 made 3-point field goals ranks fifth in the Deb Patterson era by a freshman.