March 3, 2014
Final Stats |
Kansas State Women’s Basketball Postgame Notes
March 3, 2014 • Bramlage Coliseum • Manhattan, Kan.
Kansas State 46 (11-18, 5-13 Big 12), TCU 51 (17-13, 8-10 Big 12)
• Monday’s game between Kansas State and TCU was the fifth meeting in the series between the schools and the fourth as league members… TCU leads the series, 3-2… The Wildcats, in their 46th season of women’s basketball, own an all-time record of 853-528 (.618)… The Wildcats are 148-146 (.503) in Big 12 action… K-State is 117-83 (.585) in the month of March.
• K-State head coach Deb Patterson, the all-time women’s basketball wins leader at K-State, owns a career record of 350-225 (.609)… Patterson owns a 50-33 (.602) mark in March.
• Attendance on Monday was 4,010… This season in 14 home games, 62,775 fans came through the doors of Bramlage for an average of 4,484 per game… K-State ranks 24th in the nation in average attendance this season… The 2013-14 season marks the 26th season of basketball inside Bramlage Coliseum… K-State owns a record of 270-107 (.716) in Bramlage Coliseum.
• Monday night’s game was Senior Night, as K-State honored three seniors prior to tip-off – Chantay Caron, Ashlynn Knoll and Katya Leick… Caron was the only four-year senior on the roster this season and saw action in 124 career games… Knoll joined the Wildcats prior to the 2012-13 season after playing at Seward County CC for two seasons… Leick transferred from Nebraska before the 2011-12 season and played one season with K-State after injuring her knee before the 2012-13 campaign.
• The Wildcats’ starting lineup consisted of: freshman guard Leticia Romero, freshman guard Kindred Wesemann, senior forward Ashlynn Knoll, senior forward Katya Leick and senior forward Chantay Caron… This is the first game for this lineup… This was the 29th career start for Romero, which is every game this season… This was the 26th career K-State start for Leick… This was Wesemann’s eighth start this season… This was the eighth career start for Knoll and sixth this season… This was Caron’s 54th career start and 12th this season… She has now played in 125 career games.
• K-State was 5-of-25 from behind the 3-point line… K-State has made at least one 3-point field goal in 240 consecutive regular season and postseason games dating back to Feb. 7, 2007… The Wildcats have made five or more 3-point field goals in a game 24 times this season.
• K-State led 30-26 at the half on Monday… The Wildcats are 9-2 this season when leading at the half this season… In the Deb Patterson era, K-State is 270-53 (.836) when leading at the half.
• Wesemann finished with 13 points and four rebounds… This was her sixth career game in double figures and her fourth straight… She carded a 3-of-8 effort from beyond the arc… This was her 12th game with two or more connections from 3… She tied a career high with the four rebounds.
• Romero turned in a diverse stat line of five points, eight rebounds, nine assists, two steals and a blocked shot… This was the 29th straight game the Big 12 Freshman of the Year candidate has scored in… Romero has 15 games with five or more assists… She has 18 games with five or more rebounds… This is her 9th game that she had a team high in rebounds… Romero has led K-State in assists 22 times this season.
• Woods had seven points, seven rebounds and four assists… She has grabbed seven or more rebounds in a game seven times this season… Woods achieved her 22nd career 5+ rebound game… This was her 4th game to get four assist or more this season.