March 21, 2013
Final Stats |
2013 Postseason WNIT – First Round
Kansas State Women’s Basketball Postgame Notes
March 21, 2013 • Bramlage Coliseum • Manhattan, Kan.
K-State 72 (16-17, 5-13 Big 12), Texas Southern 44 (20-12, 16-2 SWAC)
• Thursday’s game between Kansas State and Texas Southern was the second in the series between the schools… K-State leads the series 2-0… K-State is 19-0 against teams from the SWAC… K-State head coach Deb Patterson, the all-time women’s basketball wins leader at K-State, owns a career record of 336-206 (.620)… The Wildcats, in their 45th season of women’s basketball, own an all-time record of 839-509 (.622).
• Thursday’s game was the first Postseason WNIT game K-State has hosted since March 25, 2007 when the Wildcats defeated Auburn in Bramlage Coliseum, 67-54… Kansas State is now 10-2 all-time in its five appearances in the WNIT… The Wildcats are 10-0 in WNIT games played in Manhattan… K-State has advanced at least one round in all four WNIT appearances.
• The 2012-13 season marks the 25th season of basketball inside Bramlage Coliseum… K-State owns a record of 260-99 (.724) in Bramlage Coliseum… Attendance on Thursday was 1,184… In 15 home games of the 2012-13 season, K-State has seen 55,274 fans come through the doors for an average of 3,685… K-State ranks 29th in the nation for attendance.
• The Wildcats’ starting lineup consisted of: senior guard Brittany Chambers, senior guard Mariah White, sophomore guard Haley Texada, freshman guard Bri Craig and junior forward Chantay Caron… K-State has used seven different starting lineups this season… 15th straight game for this lineup… Chambers has now started 126 regular season and postseason games in her career and has played in 131 career games... Chambers ranks 3rd in school history for career starts and tied for 2nd in career games played… White made her 94th career start, including the 27th of the 2012-13 season… White has now played in 125 career games… Craig started her 30th career game and has played in 32 games this season… Caron made her 38th career start and her 27th this season… She started 11 games in her freshman year of 2010-11… Caron has played in 95 career games… Texada made her 23rd career start, all this season.
• Kansas State led at the half, 46-18, on Thursday… Since the 1999-00 season, Kansas State is 236-39 (.858), including a 13-5 record this season… This was K-State’s largest halftime lead of the season.
• K-State was 12-of-31 from beyond the arc on Thursday… K-State has made at least one 3-point field goal in 207 consecutive regular season and postseason games dating back to Feb. 7, 2007… K-State has made 5 or more three-point field goals in a game 31 times this season, including a current streak of 27 straight games… Including their 12 made 3-point field goals on Thursday, K-State has now made 291 three-pointers this season, improving its school record… After its 31 three-point attempts on Thursday, K-State has now attempted 951 three-pointers this season, which improves on the school- and Big 12 records.
• Chambers finished with a career-high 42 points, 11 rebounds and 5 assists… Chambers’ point total set the school record for points in a single game and is ninth in Big 12 history… This was the second 40-point game in school history (previous: Kendra Wecker, 41 points, vs. Illinois State, Nov. 26, 2004)… With her 690 points this season, Chambers has set the school record for points in a single season (previous: Tammie Romstad, 686 in 1979-80) and holds the single-season record for points by a senior… The effort was the 37th career game of 20 or more points for Chambers and her 19th this season, including an active streak of six straight… This was her sixth career 30-point game and the 45th in school history... She now holds the school record for career games with 30 or more points…
The 19 games with 20 or more points are the most by a Wildcat in the Deb Patterson era… Chambers has now scored in 130 consecutive games, which ranks second in school history (Ashley Sweat, 131, 2006-10)… Chambers has scored 2,068 career points and ranks third in school history… Chambers has scored in double figures in 31 games this season and 105 games in her career… She ranks second in school history and 23rd in NCAA history for career double figure games… Chambers has led K-State in scoring 24 times this season and 64 times in her career… Her 29 first half points set a school record for points in a half (previous: 26, Jennifer Jones vs. Missouri on March 3, 1984)… She was 9-of-15 from beyond the arc… Her 9 connections from beyond the arc were a career-high, tied the WNIT record for 3-point field goals made in a game and ranks tied for fourth in Big 12 history with five other players… She ranks second in Big 12 and school history and 16th in NCAA history for career 3-point field goals made with 336… Her career rebound total stands at 833 and ranks fifth in school history… Her career assist total stands at 344 and ranks ninth in school history.
• White carded two points, eight rebounds, five assists and five steals… White ranks eighth in school history for career steals with 199… Her career assist total of 440 ranks fourth in school history… Her five assists on Thursday marked her 10th game this season and the 37th of her career with five or more assists in a game… White has tallied five or more steals five times in her career and three times this season.
• Texada tallied 12points on 4-of-8 shooting including 3-of-7 from beyond the arc.… This was Texada’s 17th game in double digits this season.