Nov. 1, 2013
Box Score |
Kansas State Women’s Basketball Postgame Notes
Nov. 1, 2013 • Bramlage Coliseum • Manhattan, Kan.
Kansas State 73 (0-0), Alaska-Anchorage 65 (0-0)
• Friday’s game between Kansas State and Alaska-Anchorage was the first meeting in the series between the schools, exhibition or regular season… K-State head coach Deb Patterson, the all-time women’s basketball wins leader at K-State, owns a career record of 339-207 (.621)… The Wildcats, in their 46th season of women’s basketball, own an all-time record of 842-510 (.623).
• The 2013-14 season marks the 26th season of basketball inside Bramlage Coliseum… K-State owns a record of 263-100 (.725) in Bramlage Coliseum… Attendance on Friday was 3,924… In 19 home games during the 2012-13 season, K-State saw 62,397 fans come through the doors for an average of 3,284… K-State ranked 32nd in the nation for attendance.
• The Wildcats’ starting lineup consisted of: junior guard Haley Texada, sophomore guard Bri Craig, freshman guard Leticia Romero, freshman forward Breanna Lewis and senior forward Katya Leick… This was the second straight game this starting lineup was used… Craig started 34 games and has played in 36 games in her career… Texada has started 27 games in her career, all last season.
• K-State was 6-of-27 from beyond the arc… K-State has made at least one 3-point field goal in 211 consecutive regular season and postseason games dating back to Feb. 7, 2007… K-State set the Big 12 Conference and school records for most 3-pointers made in a season with 325 last season… K-State also set the school and Big 12 records for 3-pointers attempted in a season with 1,077.
• K-State pulled in 52 rebounds on Friday night, including 25 offensive boards… In K-State’s two exhibition games in Bramlage, the Wildcats pulled in 40 offensive rebounds which resulted in 38 second chance points.
• The Wildcats registered 42 of its 73 points in the paint on Friday… In K-State two exhibition games, the Wildcats notched 80 of its 158 points (50.6 percent) from inside the lane.
• Alaska-Anchorage held a 37-33 lead at the half… K-State shot .289 from the field, including .154 from beyond the three-point line in the first half… The Wildcats trailed at the half 14 times in 2012-13 and were 2-12 in those contests.
• Leick notched a double-double of 24 points and 12 rebounds… She tallied 18 of her points in the second half… Leick shot 11-of-17 from the field including 2-of-3 from beyond the arc… Including the three games K-State played in Italy in August, Leick has registered double figures in points in three of the Wildcats’ five exhibition games.
• Romero finished in double figures for the second straight game with 15 points… She also recorded nine rebounds, three assists, three steals and a block… Romero averaged 20 points and 10.5 rebounds in the two games and shot .923 from the foul line (12-of-13).
• Craig tallied 11 points on 3-of-12 shooting, including 2-of-8 from beyond the arc… She also added three rebounds and three steals to her final stat line… Last season Craig reached double figures in points 14 times and carded two or more made 3-point field goals in a game 18 times.