Nov. 9, 2012
Final Stats |
Kansas State 62 (1-0, 0-0), Idaho State 54 (0-1, 0-0)
Bramlage Coliseum • Manhattan, Kan.
• Friday night’s game between Kansas State and Idaho State was the second meeting in the series and the first since March 17, 2006 in the Postseason WNIT (a 88-68 K-State win)… The all-time series between the schools stands at 2-0 in favor of K-State… K-State is 15-1 against schools from the Big Sky Conference, including an 8-0 record for head coach Deb Patterson… Patterson, the all-time women’s basketball wins leader at K-State, owns a career record of 321-189 (.629)… The Wildcats enter their 45th season of women’s basketball with an all-time record of 824-492 (.626).
• The Wildcats are 36-9 (.800) in season-openers and have won 12 of their last 14… Head coach Deb Patterson is 14-3 (.824) in season-opening games since taking the reins of the program prior to the start of the 1996-97 season… K-State has won 19 of its last 21 home openers and is 36-9 (.800) in home opening contests, including a 21-4 (.840) record in Bramlage Coliseum home openers… K-State is 134-22 (.859) against non-conference opponents in Bramlage Coliseum, including a current streak of 14 straight wins… Head coach Deb Patterson is 97-9 (.915) against non-conference opponents in Bramlage… K-State owns a 106-41 (.721) record in the month of November.
• The 2012-13 season marks the 25th season of basketball inside Bramlage Coliseum… K-State owns a record of 252-93 (.730) in Bramlage Coliseum, including a 10-4 mark in the 2011-12 season… Attendance on Friday night was 3,096… After 14 home games in 2011-12, total attendance in Bramlage Coliseum was 56,970 with an average of 4,069… K-State ranked 24th in the nation in average attendance last season.
• The Wildcats’ starting lineup consisted of: senior guard Brittany Chambers, freshman guard Bri Craig, sophomore guard Ashia Woods, junior guard Kendra Spresser and junior forward Chantay Caron…This is the first time this starting lineup has been used… Chambers has now started 95 regular season and postseason games in her career, including 94 straight from Dec. 2, 2009 until the present, and has played in 99... Caron owns 12 career starts, with all her previous starts coming in her freshman season in the 2011-12 season… Prior to tonight her last start was against Purdue in the first round of the 2011 NCAA Tournament… Craig, Spresser and Woods all started a regular season game for K-State for the first time… Craig and Woods started the exhibition opener against Fort Hays State on Nov. 1… In the 2011-12 season, K-State was the only team in the Big 12 and one of three teams in the 2012 NCAA Tournament (Nebraska and BYU) to use the same starting five for every game.
• Kansas State held a 29-26 halftime lead on Idaho State on Friday night… K-State was 16-2 in 2011-12 when leading at the half… Since the 1999-00 season, K-State is 223-34 (.868) in regular season and postseason games when leading at the half.
• The Wildcats were 10-of-27 (37.0 percent) from beyond the arc on Friday night… K-State has made at least one 3-point field goal in 175 consecutive regular season and postseason games dating back to Feb. 7, 2007… The Wildcats were 6-of-14 (42.9 percent) in the first half, last season K-State shot 28.3 percent from 3-point range overall.
• Sophomore guard Ashia Woods posted 13 rebounds for a new career-high… Her previous high was 7 rebounds, which she accomplished twice.
• Sophomore guard Haley Texada had a career-high 11 points shooting 4-of-7 (57.1 percent)… Her previous high was 8 points against Missouri last season (1/11/12)… She also contributed 3 assists (tying her career-best) and 2 rebounds.
• Senior guard Brittany Chambers led the Wildcats with 21 points, her 20th career 20-point game… She was 5-of-8 from beyond the arc and it was the 23rd time she has made at least 4 3-pointers… Chambers also pulled down 10 rebounds to post her 8th career double-double for the Wildcats.