Nov. 30, 2012
Final Stats |
Kansas State Women’s Basketball Postgame Notes
November 30, 2012 • Bramlage Coliseum • Manhattan, Kan.
Kansas State 64 (5-0, 0-0), Mississippi Valley State 57 (1-5, 0-0)
• Friday night’s game between Kansas State and Mississippi Valley State was the second meeting in the series and the first since Dec. 1, 2006 (a 77-18 K-State win)… The all-time series between the schools stands at 2-0 in favor of K-State… K-State is 18-0 against schools from the Southwestern Athletic Conference, including a 13-0 record for head coach Deb Patterson… Patterson, the all-time women’s basketball wins leader at K-State, owns a career record of 325-189 (.632)… The Wildcats, in their 45th season of women’s basketball, own an all-time record of 828-492 (.627).
• K-State is 136-22 (.861) against non-conference opponents in Bramlage Coliseum, including a current streak of 16 straight wins… Head coach Deb Patterson is 99-9 (.917) against non-conference opponents in Bramlage… K-State owns a 110-41 (.728) record in the month of November.
• The 2012-13 season marks the 25th season of basketball inside Bramlage Coliseum… K-State owns a record of 254-93 (.732) in Bramlage Coliseum, including a current 16-game winning streak against non-conference opponents… Attendance on Friday night was 3,026… K-State is averaging 3,012 fans after three home games this season.
• The Wildcats’ starting lineup consisted of: senior guard Brittany Chambers, sophomore guard Haley Texada, sophomore guard Ashia Woods, junior guard Kendra Spresser and junior forward Chantay Caron…This is the second time this starting lineup has been used this season… Chambers has now started 99 regular season and postseason games in her career, including 98 straight from Dec. 2, 2009 until the present, and has played in 103 career games... Caron owns 16 career starts, including five this season… Spresser and Woods all tallied their fifth career starts… Texada carded her second career start.
• K-State pocketed a season-high 15 steals on Friday night… This marks the fifth straight game K-State tallied 10 or more steals in a game this season… The five straight games with 10 or more steals marks the second time in the Deb Patterson era that K-State has notched 10 or more steals in five straight games (last: Nov. 19-Dec. 3, 2004; five games).
• Kansas State held a 43-21 halftime lead on Friday night… K-State is 5-0 this season when leading at the half… Since the 1999-00 season, K-State is 227-34 (.870) in regular season and postseason games when leading at the half… The 22-point halftime lead is the largest of the season for the Wildcats… This was the second double-figure halftime lead of the season for K-State; first came against Arkansas-Pine Bluff on Nov. 11 (21 point halftime lead).
• The Wildcats were 9-of-30 from beyond the arc on Friday night… K-State has made at least one 3-point field goal in 179 consecutive regular season and postseason games dating back to Feb. 7, 2007… This was the second time this season K-State has attempted 30 or more three-point field goals in a game this season.
• Chambers finished Friday night’s game with game-highs of 25 points, 9 rebounds and 5 assists… For her career, Chambers has scored 1,476 career points and ranks 10th in school history… This was her 79th career game in double figures and her 22nd career game with 20 or more points… Chambers has pulled in 619 career rebounds and ranks 14th in school history… She has 67 career games with five or more rebounds… Chambers ranks 16th in school history for career assists with 258… She was 7-of-11 from beyond the arc on Friday night… This was her 24th career game with 4 or more connections from the 3-point line.
• Texada carded 12 points, three assists, a block and a steal on Friday… She has now scored in double figures in all five games this season.