Dec. 9, 2012
Final Stats |
Kansas State 68 (7-0, 0-0), South Dakota 54 (4-6, 0-0)
Bramlage Coliseum • Manhattan, Kan.
• Sunday afternoon’s game between Kansas State and South Dakota was the fourth meeting in the series and the first since Dec. 4, 1994 (an 81-37 K-State win)… The all-time series between the schools stands at 4-0 in favor of K-State… K-State is 24-3 against schools from the Summit League, including a 13-0 record for head coach Deb Patterson… Patterson, the all-time women’s basketball wins leader at K-State, owns a career record of 327-189 (.634)… The Wildcats, in their 45th season of women’s basketball, own an all-time record of 830-492 (.628).
• The 2012-13 season marks the 25th season of basketball inside Bramlage Coliseum… K-State owns a record of 255-93 (.733) in Bramlage Coliseum, including a current 17-game winning streak against non-conference opponents… Attendance on Sunday afternoon was 2,864.
• K-State is 137-22 (.862) against non-conference opponents in Bramlage Coliseum, including a current streak of 17 straight wins… Head coach Deb Patterson is 100-9 (.917) against non-conference opponents in Bramlage… K-State owns a 195-80 (.709) record in the month of December.
• The Wildcats’ starting lineup consisted of: senior guard Brittany Chambers, senior guard Mariah White, sophomore guard Ashia Woods, freshman guard Bri Craig and junior forward Ashlynn Knoll…This is the first time this starting lineup has been used this season… Chambers has now started 101 regular season and postseason games in her career, including 100 straight from Dec. 2, 2009 until the present, and has played in 105 career games... White made her 68th career start and her first of the 2012-13 season… Woods all tallied her seventh career start, all this season... Craig started her fourth career game… Knoll made her first career start.
• K-State pocketed 10 steals on Sunday afternoon… This marks the sixth straight game K-State tallied 10 or more steals in a game this season… The Wildcats forced the Coyotes into 24 turnovers on Sunday, marking the third straight game and the fourth this season that K-State has forced 20 or more turnovers.
• Kansas State held a 37-21 halftime lead on Sunday… K-State is 7-0 this season when leading at the half… Since the 1999-00 season, K-State is 229-34 (.871) in regular season and postseason games when leading at the half… This was the fourth time this season K-State has scored 35+ points in the first half.
• The Wildcats were 7-of-21 from beyond the arc on Sunday… K-State has made at least one 3-point field goal in 181 consecutive regular season and postseason games dating back to Feb. 7, 2007.
• Chambers finished with 29 points and 13 rebounds on Sunday… This was her ninth career double-double and her second this season… With her first seven points in the opening three minutes of the game, she became the 10th player in school history with 1,500 career points… Chambers is the third player in school history to record 1,500 career points, 625 rebounds and 250 assists (Kendra Wecker and Nicole Ohlde)… She has now scored 1,523 career points and ranks 10th in school history… She has scored in double figures in all seven games this season and 81 times in her career… This was her 23rd career 20-point game and her fourth this season… Her 13 rebounds on Sunday improved her career total to 638 and now ranks 13th in school history… Chambers has 13 career double figure rebounding games and 69 career games with 5 or more rebounds.
• Craig carded 14 points on 6-of-11 shooting… The 14 points were a new career-high, surpassing her previous best of 13 against Arkansas-Pine Bluff (11/11)… She only scored 2 points in the second half.