Dec. 15, 2013
Final Stats |
Kansas State Women’s Basketball Postgame Notes
Dec. 15, 2013 • Bramlage Coliseum • Manhattan, Kan.
Kansas State 73 (5-3), UC Santa Barbara 64 (4-5)
• Sunday’s game between Kansas State and UC Santa Barbara was the third meeting in the series between the schools… K-State leads the series, 3-0… The Wildcats are 8-4 all-time against teams from the Big West Conference… K-State head coach Deb Patterson, the all-time women’s basketball wins leader at K-State, owns a career record of 344-210 (.621)… The Wildcats, in their 46th season of women’s basketball, own an all-time record of 847-513 (.623)… K-State is 199-83 (.706) in the month of December… Patterson owns a 95-23 (.805) mark in December.
• The 2013-14 season marks the 26th season of basketball inside Bramlage Coliseum… K-State owns a record of 267-101 (.726) in Bramlage Coliseum… Attendance on Sunday was 3,758… To date, 18,683 fans have come through the doors of Bramlage this season for an average of 3,737 per game.
• The Wildcats’ starting lineup consisted of: junior guard Haley Texada, freshman guard Leticia Romero, junior guard Ashia Woods, freshman forward Breanna Lewis and senior forward Katya Leick… This is the second straight game for this lineup… Texada has started 35 games in her career… This was the eighth career start for Romero… This was the seventh career start for Lewis… This was the fifth career K-State start for Leick… This was Woods’ 21st career start… Chantay Caron came off the bench to see action in her 107th career game.
• K-State was 5-of-20 from beyond the arc… K-State has made at least one 3-point field goal in 219 consecutive regular season and postseason games dating back to Feb. 7, 2007.
• K-State led 39-27at the half on Sunday… K-State is 5-0 this season when leading at the half… Since the 1999-00 season, K-State is 244-39 (.862) when leading at the half… The Wildcats are 111-11 (.910) when holding a lead with five minutes to play in the game.
• K-State’s bench outscored UC Santa Barbara’s bench, 29-11… K-State has held the edge in bench points in seven of eight games this season… The Wildcats have outscored its opponents’ bench, 224-114, this season.
• Leticia Romero finished with 15 points, five rebounds, five assists and two steals… She has scored in all eight games this season… This was Romero’s fifth career game in double figures for points… This was Romero’s fifth game this season with five or more rebounds… Romero has dished out five or more assists in six games this season… She has tallied two or more steals in five games this season.
• Ashia Woods registered 13 points, seven rebounds, five steals and two assists… This was Woods’ seventh career game in double figures for points and her second this season… Her five steals are tied for the season-high with Leticia Romero (5, vs. SMU on Nov. 28, 2013) and also tied her career-high which she has achieved twice… She has 14 career games with two or more steals… Her seven rebounds were a personal season-high… She has 13 career games with five or more rebounds.
• Bri Craig came off the bench to notch 11 points on 3-of-4 shooting, including 3-of-3 from beyond the arc… Craig has now tallied double figures in points in 15 career games and her first this season... Her three connections from deep were a personal season-high and marked her 21st career game with two or more made 3-point field goals.