Jan. 18, 2013
ATHENS, Ga. – Kansas State women’s tennis opened its 2013 spring schedule on Friday at the Georgia Invitational at the Dan Magill Tennis Complex.
The Wildcats picked up a singles win for the day, as sophomore Amina St. Hill registered a three-set win over No. 76) Makenzie Craft of Georgia, 4-6, 7-6 (5), 1-0 (8). St. Hill has won three of her last four matches and owns a career record of 13-16. This was her first career match against an ITA ranked singles opponent. The win improved her career record in three-set matches to 2-4.
K-State will continue action at the Georgia Invitational on Saturday, as the Wildcats will face Memphis in doubles at 10 a.m. (CT). K-State will return to the courts at 3 p.m., to face Troy in doubles and singles.
(67) Kansas State at (6) Georgia
Georgia Invitational – Day 1
January 18, 2013
Athens, Georgia | Dan Magill Tennis Complex
Lauren Herring/Mia King (UGa) def. (34) Petra Niedermayerova/Karla Bonacic (K-State), 8-5
(22) Lilly Kimbell/Maho Kowase (UGa) def. Ivana Kubickova/Carmen Borau Ramos (K-State), 8-1
Makenzie Craft/Kate Fuller (UGa) def. Amina St. Hill/Ana Gomez Aleman (K-State, 8-4
(8) Lauren Herring (UGa) def. (15) Petra Niedermayerova (K-State), 6-4, 6-3
(18) Maho Kowase (UGa) def. Karla Bonacic (K-State), 6-2, 4-6, 6-3
(54) Kaye Fuller (UGa) def. Ivana Kubickova (K-State), 6-2, 6-3
Silvia Garcia (UGa) def. Carmen Borau Ramos (K-State), 6-0, 6-1
Mia King (UGa) def. Ana Gomez Aleman (K-State), 6-3, 6-1
Amina St. Hill (K-State) def. (76) Makenzie Craft (UGa), 4-6, 7-6 (5), 1-0 (8)
Lilly Kimbell (UGa) def. Gema Bolado-Yusta (K-State), 6-0, 6-2