When the West Stadium Center opens in the Fall 2013 it will be a first-class facility that will impact the daily experience of 444 student-athletes in 16 sports who proudly represent Kansas State University. The West Stadium Center will enhance the gameday experience for all 50,000 K-State Fans as we cheer for another Wildcat Victory.
Enhanced Gameday Experience for All K-State Fans
The West Stadium Center will feature amenities for all fans at Bill Snyder Family Stadium. New concessions, restrooms and ticket offices will replace the current west side facilities, which were originally built in 1968. Additionally, a new Fan Store and Hall of Honor will be included on the main Concourse Level.
In addition to being a first-class facility for K-State student-athletes and fans, the West Stadium Center at Bill Snyder Family Stadium will serve as the northwest gateway to campus and a rallying point for the University’s visionary "K-State 2025" plan. The structure will make a statement to the Big 12 Conference, the nation and prospective student-athletes that K-State is committed to competing at the highest level of intercollegiate athletics.
The Terrace Level will feature a dining hall to serve the daily dietary needs of all K-State student-athletes. The Tailgate Terrace will be a great place to enjoy the unique tailgate atmosphere of a K-State gameday.
The 2nd, 3rd and 4th levels of the West Stadium Center will have outdoor Suite, Club and Loge seating. These seats will have the best sight lines in College Football and will be the premier seating area for Wildcat Fans. All suite, loge and club season-ticket holders will enjoy an all-inclusive food and beverage experience in the spacious lounges located behind each seating area.
The 5th level of the West Stadium Center will be designated for media and coaches on game-days and will be the new permanent home for the K-State Media relations office.
A Phased Master Plan
The West Stadium Center is the centerpiece of an overall Master Facility Plan for Bill Snyder Family Stadium. This facility will be funded entirely by the generosity of K-Staters through leadership philanthropy and gifts associated with a high level premium seating experience.
Now is the time to invest in the future of K-State Athletics and Bill Snyder Family Stadium! To secure your seat in the new West Stadium Center please contact an Ahearn Fund staff member today!
Status Update & Projected Timeline
Primary accomplishments to date:
- Over the last 18 months an initial vision for the West Stadium Center and Bill Snyder Family Stadium Master Plan was developed for internal planning purposes and constituent input.
- The proper Campus and Regent approval process was followed and the project has appropriate authorization.
- Current west-side premium seat holders and many National Leadership Circle members were informed and engaged, resulting in several key improvements to the updated design.
- The project Architects and Construction Managers were hired through an open selection process.
- The Conceptual Design & Schematic Design processes are complete with Design Development underway.
- Over 1/2 of the funding needed has been secured through commitments from leadership donors and premium seat patrons.
- Bonds have been issued and a groundbreaking ceremony was held prior to the Spring Football Game on April 28, 2012 commencing formal construction.
- The Club Seat & Loge Box campaign to help fund the project through Construction Contributions and Ahearn Fund support has great momentum as we move quickly towards the initial June 30, 2012 priority allocation deadline.
Key next steps:
- Efforts will continue to secure Leadership Philanthropy, Premium Seat patrons and Grass Roots Fan support until the total project costs are covered through private gifts.
- Design Development and Construction Documents are continuing led by the Architects and Construction Managers.
- Construction efforts will take place over the summer months focusing on the north and south end towers and continue through the 2012 football season, with the current press box remaining until demolition scheduled after the final home game.
- Initial target for substantial completion by 2013 football season!
"We support the West Stadium Center project for a couple of reasons, one of those being the Hall of Honor, which will honor all of the student-athletes who have given so much to K-State over the years. This facility is also an important step in taking K-State Football to the next level and enables us to not only keep up with our peers but to be a leader in the Big 12 Conference and nationally."
--- Lee & Kathy Borck, Manhattan, KS
View more photos, videos and floorplans in the photo galleries!
Estimated size: over 250,000 gross sq. ft.
(including enclosed & finished exterior areas)
Primary elements include:
- A world-class student-athlete Dining Hall and commissary
- A K-State Athletics "Hall of Honor" within a wide main Concourse
- Greatly enhanced Concession and Restroom facilities
- Customer-friendly Ticket Office and Cats Closet retail spaces
- A unique "Tailgate Terrace" for Ahearn Fund members to enjoy pre-game, at half-time and post-game
- University Lounge & Event space for game day entertainment and year-round meetings and events
- Potential office space for athletics and media relations staff, allowing for future expansion to south stadium fan amenities
- An upgraded media, broadcast and operations level providing enhanced television and technology capacities
- Multiple Premium Seating opportunities including approximately 40 private Suites, 36 Loge boxes and 800 Club seats
Estimated total project cost: $75 Million
(including construction costs, FF&E, all associated fees and contingencies)
- While the WSC must be completely privately funded, the timeline of the project will be accelerated though the issuance of up to $50 Million in bonds to be serviced through a combination of long-term Ahearn Fund revenues and near-term Construction Contributions.
- An initial $25 Million must be secured from a combination of Leadership Philanthropy and Construction Contributions.
The contracted Architects are AECOM (formerly Ellerbe-Becket out of Kansas City) with design support from Heery Design
The Construction Managers will be GE Johnson and Mortenson Construction
- Under the guidelines of "Senate Bill 9" the "construction manager at risk" process has been selected and approved as the delivery method for the West Stadium Center